Sunday, April 02, 2006

Just See It !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys/gals....:)
I'm back........lol......
Last night I took a late evening jaunt to my local 'Super Walmart' to pick up a few items just because I was a bit 'antzy'...well...in the process of picking up 'this that and the other things'....I purchased as if by 'design' from a 'higher power' the King Kong dvd. I mean....I didn't actually take it off the shelf with the intent to buy but as I was checking out...some one left the dvd at the 'conveyor belt' at the register that I 'chose' by chance, as if they had second thoughts about purchasing it themselves. Somehow, my hand and mind 'grabbed' that 'ophaned' cd and quickly scooped it into my 'stuff'...lol....its not like I didn't see the massive display on the floor as you walked in.......course I did...and as usual....walked right by that big 'impulse machine' called 'gotta have it' !! Well, I must say, ' glad I can be 'impulsive' at times too.

Watching this on my big screen and surround sound was a thrill. I don't know if I can do 'justice' to this for it was really 'something' ! Maybe not so much so for the 'acting'.....but for everything else, good gosh......and if you really must know....Kong was the best 'actor' present ! ..I probably can really expound on this for decades....lol....however....I don't want this ink to dry before I make my point......so I'll be short and sweet ! :(
Go... watch this thing....I don't care if you have to hold a theater 'hostage'......or need to 'hold up' the 'concession stand'.....or stand in a 'store ' that is 'running this flic as an attention grabber.....just stand there or sit if you are lucky enough to have seating available and enjoy ! The animation and sound is superb...but the biggest thing I got out of it was the 'connection' between 'man/woman and beast'. Ya....I know it's an old story and I personally have seen the original a number of times......but.......you haven't 'felt' anything like this ever, even if you think you haven't a 'soul' !!

If you don't walk away feeling soooo sooooo 'sorry' for "KONG'.......don't say a word.......for you are really just a 'walking zombie'.......lol..... Most of you know I am an 'animal lover' .....so what can you expect me to say...huh.....lol......but I assure you....animal lover or not.....if you don't have a 'tear' in your eye..I'll bet you'll have a 'lump' in your throat !
Of course, if you can see this in a wide screen....or Imax.......gosh....I would think you would have 'died' and gone to 'heaven'......:)........
Till next time.....'sit back and buckle in'.......please pass the popcorn ! Oh, by the way......."Q-Tips' definitely not needed !!! ....lol :).........

2 Comments:

At Sun Apr 02, 10:50:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have seen the original film and the newer one. You are correct... acting is not good, except for Kong... but.... the interaction between man and beast is excellent. QTips were not needrf, but a handy box of Kleenex filled the bill.

 
At Wed Apr 05, 12:02:00 PM EDT, Blogger Rebecca said...

I cry at all versions of King Kong....I just love the big guy. :)

I haven't seen the new one yet because I heard it's definitely a tear jerker...... !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home