Thursday, March 30, 2006

Must there be 'threats'.......

Something irritated me .....
A couple of weeks ago that I decided to 'let slide' all in the name of 'good faith'. I happened to be in one of those stand alone pharmacies that belongs to the largest retailer in the country. You know...Wal....whatever. Anyhow, I needed some drain cleaner and picked up a 'plastic jug' of their liquid store brand stuff and proceeded to make my way out to the register when I noticed a slight 'burning' sensation on my right shoulder area. I didn't immediately think much about it till I was just about at the register when I realized the bottle I picked wasn't sealed properly and was leaking caustic solution. Well, my first glance at my shoulder showed an 'orangey' burn on one of my fav tees. Infact, the black one in my pix. So I immediately returned to the area where the product was on the shelf and placed back that particular bottle but away from the rest of the stock. I proceeded to the register to pay for the item and at that point I made it a point to inform the clerk that there was a potentially dangerous and liable situation from that leaking bottle. He notified the manager and asured me it would be 'removed' and 'dealt with properly' since I insisted that it was too 'available' for young/elderly or the unware. Despite the damage to my clothing and a slight 'burning' sensation on my skin, I left the store thinking the 'manager' would do 'right' upon my notification of the dangerous situation.

Well, to make a long story short, I had to return to that same store a couple of weeks later, which was only a few days ago. Low and behold, just out of my 'curiousity' I went to the area where the 'defective jug' was placed and guess what? That very same 'jug' remained in the exact same position as I placed it originally, never looked at, let alone removed.
I just shook my head in disgust and in amazement to think that something that potentially dangerous was 'overlooked' and or possibly dismissed with out cause. Now what makes it so 'irritating' to me is.....I could have made a big scene, complained of 'skin burns' and damage to my personal property and well being. However, being the 'nice' guy that I am...I felt just being 'neighborly and pointing out a potential hazard and having it taken care of was all that I needed. Geeeeesh....was I wrong...a good 'lawsuit' or a 'threat' of one would have 'straighten that situation out' pronto. Whatever happened to... 'doing things 'right' ?....Gone are the 'good old days"!!!

So...today I grab my little artzy supplies and with a 'Q-tip' dabbed some black paint over the 'burn' hoping a 'slight' black discoloration wouldn't be as noticed as a bright orange blob.
Now, who said 'Q-tips' aren't versatile....where will they 'pop up' next .......lol

1 Comments:

At Fri Mar 31, 08:01:00 PM EST, Blogger Rebecca said...

Yet another Qtip reference, hahaha...

Wow, I can't believe they did that!!!! Or rather - didn't do anything... Hmmm.

Well, the good thing is - you can get a new sweatshirt!!! :)

See - there's an upside to everything. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home