Sunday, March 12, 2006

Aspire to Inspiration

I just got thru watching Dr. Wayne Dyer on PBS and as usual enjoyed and agree with most if not all of his presentations. I have been a fan of his for some time now and must confess, he has 'stolen' my most inner thoughts and concepts as to who we are and how to live with the minimal amount of stress and strain in our lives. Now, obviously he has/had no way to really get into my mind and 'steal' anything from me but it surely seems so. What is amazingly striking in his thoughts and presentations is not just the concepts but the actual terminology that he presents his virtues with are almost identical to mine. How I don't know but it's a 'reality' that I have to address and bring to light in a more philosophical if not actual way.

His ability to bring his work to the masses comes from his lifelong work and of close contact with those individuals that have a missionary objective in life. Whereas, I don't follow those footsteps but yet I seem to without the knowledge of knowing. I have to conceptualize and hypothesize the possibility that maybe his direction and source of such is very much the same as mine, although obscured to me, his seems to be clear to him and how he has the ability to 'capture', 'embrace' and 'entertain' one's self esteem for our own benefit, providing one is 'open ' to his possiblities.
Like him, I too seem to be able to 'capture, 'embrace' and yes even 'entertain' but not for the masses for it's only a singular soul that benefits from such serious if not at times frivolous ideologies. That singular soul you might think is me, myself and I...huh ? Well, not necessarily so. Just like the Doctor, which I am not, I, you might say in my own small 'universe' touch those as we all do..... that want to be 'touched' one soul at a time.

Listening is the vehicle to be touched by. I do think for the most part the general populous has lost the ability to listen. Once the power of listening vanishes so do a whole genre of other 'human' traits vanishes along with it. Listening gives us the ability to absorb information that maybe different enough from our own embedded thoughts and ideas affording us the intelligence to make sane and rational decisions; possibly straddling or even overtaking those deeply embedded thoughts that we don't take the time nor the courage to examine within ourselves. It's those very inner thoughts that make us the individuals that we are and with those very thoughts bind us to each other. One's own inspirations are often 'seen' by others that indeed lead us to aspire if we all just listen.

By the way.....a box of 'Q tips' goes a long way !!! :) lol

2 Comments:

At Mon Mar 13, 09:41:00 PM EST, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hmmm. I don't know who he is????? PBS? I'll have to check him out. :)

 
At Mon Mar 13, 11:29:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, like Rebecca, will have to check out Dr Dyer. It seems almost impossible that two people could share not just the concepts, but the terminology as well. You have aroused my curiosity Steve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home