Saturday, March 18, 2006

Is It Just Me......

I'm not an overly big person when it comes to watching tv commercials, however one has caught my eye or more like it caught my 'ear'. This commercial has been on TV for some time with slight variations to its 'pitching methods'.
I am sure you have seen it and the latest one just 'cracks me up'. It's from Liberty Home Medical Care with Wilfred Brimley being it's spokesperson. As usual the 'pitch' is about getting your diabetes supplies sent directly to your door....hmmmm.......nothing new there ! Now on the latest version when he opens the door and a box is handed to him, he says something to the effect of ' ya know if it wasn't for Liberty, I'd be in deep trouble for these are my 'testing supplies' and I rely on them for quick results."...Ok...so I may not be quoting verbatim...however, next time you watch this commercial......listen up !!!
I swear, since the 'word' in question' is slightly slurred, that isn't what is being said. Well, at least not what I think I hear is being said........lol
Here is my take on it......" ya know if it wasn't for Liberty, I'd be in deep trouble for these are my 'testies' supplies........blah ...blah....blah.........:) lol
I really like the guy and have nothing against Liberty........but do I need the box of 'Q- Tips' ? ...lol...Ya know, its the little things in life that makes it interesting.....lol .....till next time.....same time same channel !!

4 Comments:

At Sun Mar 19, 11:33:00 AM EST, Blogger Rebecca said...

Um, Dad - not QTips - it's called Miracle Ear.

"She said 'Bleu Cheese, Thousand Island or Vinagrette..." :)

PS: See ya got the pic up - you dont' have any without the black in the background???

 
At Sun Mar 19, 12:58:00 PM EST, Blogger Steve said...

ya..ya..I rember that one also....thanks for the reminder....and this is just as funny as that one......lol......and presently I don't have a transparent current pic to put there ......so this will have to due for now ! ....

 
At Sun Mar 19, 04:04:00 PM EST, Blogger Big Ben said...

I know a few guys that I could send a box of testies, cause they need some.

 
At Sun Mar 19, 08:13:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, I am beginning to think you are a lobbyist for watching more TV .... lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home