Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Idol Mania.....

Today I paid bills to which is one of my most dreaded things to do. I really don't know anyone who would say they enjoy doing them, surely not I. As I was drudging my way thru them one pleasant thing made the task a lot easier to take. It was 'Idol night' !

These young entertainer 'wannbees' really make my day. I am so happy for the final twelve. Each in there own perspective ways and with whatever 'god given talent' each possess, they surely do 'entertain', 'star' or not! Between their personalities, singing abilities and stage presence, its a 'ticket price' worth sitting down in front of a wide screen TV and with surround sound; even the popcorn is free !!
As each one takes their turn trying to do the best they can in 'wooing' the 'judges' which is really inmaterial for it's the 'viewing public' and those that wanted to 'view' their perfomances but didn't that really matters. Rarely does 'dog pound' Randy Jackson put down anyone with a 'snap of the leash' and Paula 'in love with' Abdul, well.....she's just is in love being on tv and has positive remarks no matter how badly a contestant 'crashes and burns'. Now Simon, that's another story.
Honest to a fault and often cruel. One has to 'respect' him if not for his 'inacurrate or accurate' speculations as to how a performer is going to survive or not but more for his tenaciousness and the willingness to absorb all the 'boos and jeers' that he gets when he opens his mouth. He never lets you down for 'kindness' often takes the back seat. However tonight as the competition really has 'stepped up a notch' to which I would say was Barry Manilow's doing, Simon was really 'human'. I can't ever recall a show where Simon 'praised' so many performers for doing such a wonderful job. Kudos to him for tonight Simon gave his best performance as well. :)

It's rather unfortunate for tomorrow night someone is really going to be 'shocked'. Not a single performer deserves to be 'eliminated' and that would be a loss to the overall show. I'm pretty sure that no matter who eventually ends up at the end standing alone, anyone of these 'finalist' will be cutting 'records'. All 'stars' in this man's eyes !!

Hmmmmm......now how does that song go....' Looks like we made it'........lol.........
'Tempest out !!!'

2 Comments:

At Thu Mar 23, 11:03:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one out there that has NEVER watched American Idol? Steve I say again...you are lobbying for more TV watching...lol

 
At Sat Mar 25, 09:47:00 AM EST, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hahhaa, I know - he doesn't say
"Seacrest Out" anymore!!! ;(

This top 12 blows away all of the previous years top 12. None of the previous years, with the exception of Kelly - would be able to compete in this years crop. Great, great talent. And they did really kick it up this week. With the exception of Kevin and Lisa - who I think while talented - is too mechanical in technique - I'm going to be very sad to watch them leave.

I think Katharine McPhee is the best of the girls, and for the guys - While I adore Taylor - I think Chris & Elliot are the two to beat. Although truly, Chris IS the American Idol. :)

I love this show...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home