Thursday, March 30, 2006

Propane is hot....

Oh Boy....are you 'guys' lucky....two postings in one day......lol ......:)
This is a 'spring off' from my daughter's last posting on her blog...

It appears that most of the country is now feeling a bit of 'Spring' in the air...well at least East of the Mississippi with temps climbing into the middle 60's. With the milder temps ..oh ya....the BBQ's comes aflaming :)....lol
However, I don't feel the jubulations of that 'first of the season', outside open pit, flame throwing thrill of 'being the first of'.....hmmmmm !...
Well, how can I, since I can and do the 'bar b' all year round .....tossing those 'T bones' or the 'sausages with peppers and onions'. Now these are my favs things to 'grill up'.....and of course let's not leave out the 'corn on the cob' ...or the 'hot dogs' and 'hamburgers'....yummmmm !
But ya know what.....after that....I don't think I do much else on the 'bar b'...except a wing or two.....what a shame !!
So...if ya all will be so kind.....and leave me a 'fav' of yours that you 'toss on the bbq'.....I might just invite ya !!!
A 'Bobby Flay' I 'm not......never done 'ribs'.....gosh.....what am I missing ...lol ....so when the 'flame ' is 'high'...I'll be thinkin of ya !!!

4 Comments:

At Thu Mar 30, 05:39:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont leave off CHICKEN too... delicious on the grill. But nothing beats a good TBone!

 
At Fri Mar 31, 07:59:00 PM EST, Blogger Rebecca said...

Sure sure - you get to grill year 'round - but you don't get to share it with anyone. Well, except for Mom....


Sorry - you left the door open on that one! ;)

 
At Fri Mar 31, 08:03:00 PM EST, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hey - and it was 75 today.....
GORGEOUS!!!!!

 
At Sun Apr 02, 12:51:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for you and your readers.Oh by the way, the best steak is not "T-bone" but a good thick Rib-eye. yummy......

Merinated Flank steak.

this will feed 4 hungry people. I suggest you double the recipe. it makes wonderful sandwiches the next day....

2 lbs flank steak
2 Tbs Honey
1/4 cup of oil
lots and lots and lots of Garlic minced. "in my humble opinion you can't use too much garlic"
2 bunches of green onions, chopped
1/2 cup of Soy Sauce, low salt type
1 - 2 Tbs of Vinegar
1/4 tsp. ginger,

Put all above in tupperware or a zip lock bag and marinate at least 8 hours, turning every 2 hours, that is what the instructions say, I usally put it in the fridge the night before and if I remember I turn it over once or twice before going to bed. :)

When its time to BBQ, do so on Hot coals or a gas grill. I use Natural Gas that is attached to my BBQ. and I start out on High, and when its time to turn over the meat I turn the grill down to Med. this should be cooked to Med Rare.... and this takes about 17 min for both sides.... so divide 17 X 2 equals 8.5 min on each side.

If you do Flank steak well done, it has a tendency to be tough...when finished cooking, cut at an angle....very thin slices... put on your platter and spoon some of the Marinade with the garlic and onion's over the meat....

this is good served with tossed salad... I use spring greens, Mandrian Orange slices and Avacodo slices.. and serve with Rasberry vinegarette on the side... also hot bread. I usually make my own bread and for this one I like Dilly bread..Hot out of the oven and smells like a hot dill pickle. :)


I have never met a man yet that doesn't like this dish... Wonderful to serve when company is coming. and so easy.... so you have time to sit and vist with your friends....

This recipe came from an X-governer from the State of Idaho. and he still lives in Boise....He still makes this...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home